Date Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Requisition ID: MAC16783
• someone who thrives in an environment that lives and breathes innovation?
• energized by complex, customer-facing problems—and eager to identify creative ways to solve them?
• eager to see your work directly impact thousands of customers nationwide?
• interested in a career that pairs your technical prowess with real-world business expertise?
• a star candidate eager to use technology to transform the retail industry?
Then you may be a great fit for Macy’s Technology Executive Development Program (EDP)!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As an EDP, you’ll directly impact the evolution of an iconic American retailer’s digital platforms. This full time job opportunity kicks off with an intensive 12 week program that balances on-the-job training with leadership and technical curriculum that will expose you to our organization’s key technologies. After completion of the program, our EDPs are then placed into Software Developer or Analyst roles within our organization.
In just 12 weeks, you’ll:
• Get hands-on experience with business-critical, customer-facing projects
• Learn to design, code, test, debug and document programs across various applications and platforms
• Complete targeted technical training to quickly add value to your team
• Gain exposure to key techncal and digital functions to get a well-rounded view of our business
• Work alongside mentors and peers to develop programming and leadership skills
Our EDPs are placed on one of our technology teams, including:
• Mobile Development (Swift, Android SDK, etc.)
• Machine Learning (Python, Scala)
• Infrastructure (Java, Scripting, Linux/Unix)
• Dev Ops
• Database Development (MongoDB, mySQL, etc.)
• Cloud Development (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Information Security (Monitoring, Penetration Testing, etc.)
• Test Automation (Chef, Puppet, Cookbook)
HOW TO JOIN:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or technical training in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathmatics, or a related field by the start of the program
• Knowledge of programming languages, databases, and operating systems
• Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile preferred)
• Leadership experience, including strong communication skills and an aptitude for working in a team setting
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams and get along with others
• Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and independently
• Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Self-motivated individuals, with a strong desire to learn and develop
WHO WE ARE:
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc., Macy’s Technology is helping change the landscape of omnichannel retail. With locations in San Francisco, Georgia, and Ohio, Macy’s Technology is the best of all worlds: combining the entrepreneurial thinking of a start-up with the stability of an iconic national brand, Macy’s Technology is a place that supports innovation and is posed for continued growth.
At Macy’s Technology, we provide you with a collaborative, customer-focused environment in which you can impact business-critical initiatives and use cutting-edge technologies and innovations to perform your daily work. Also, we recognize that exposure to the right tools and resources is essential to your professional development. Macy’s Technology fosters an environment that encourages hands-on learning and leadership opportunities in order to help you grow as a professional and as a leader.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.