Notice of Privacy Practices for macysJOBS.com
This Notice of Privacy Practices ("Notice") applies to information collected, processed, or stored by www.macysJOBS.com,
www.bloomingdalesJOBS.com, and www.macysCOLLEGE.com, the corporate recruitment websites for Macy’s, Inc., and its subsidiaries, which provides you with information on employment opportunities with our company along with other related information. This Notice describes the extent of information collection and use for these websites ("website").
This Notice applies only to our corporate recruiting website.
To view the Notice of Privacy Practices for our in-store and e-commerce services, macys.com, please click Here.
To view your separate Department Store National Bank (DSNB) Privacy Statement for your Macy's credit card or to read more information about our credit services, please click Here.
To view the Notice of Privacy Practices for our corporate website, Macyinc.com, please click Here.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you may call our Customer Service Privacy Hotline at 888-529-2254. You also may write to the following address: Macy’s Credit and Customer Services Customer Service, ATTN: Privacy Master, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, Ohio 40540.
Information We Collect & Use When Visiting This Site
The following are examples of the types of personal information that are collected on this website and how they are used:
- If you submit a resume for a job posted on our site, that resume will be forwarded to the appropriate subsidiary and department for review and response. "Applicant Profiles" may be submitted through the "Search Jobs/Apply Now!" on the website. When submitting an online application, please do not include highly sensitive data such as a social security number, driver’s license number, or government issued identification number or account number.
- Applicant profiles are kept in our recruitment database for future reference so we can continue to consider you for additional positions. All of Macy’s, Inc.’s subsidiaries share access of our database and you may be contacted by a division other than the one to which you originally submitted an applicant profile, or for a position other than one for which you originally submitted an applicant profile. To be removed from the recruitment database so future e-mail correspondence regarding employment opportunities will not be sent to you, e-mail your name (first and last), along with your e-mail address to the following link: email@example.com. Please specify in your e-mail that you are requesting to be removed from the recruitment database.
- If you provided us with your mobile number on your Macy’s, Inc. application for employment, we may send text notifications regarding your employment application. This will allow us to notify you of our interest in setting up a phone or in-person interview, and/or remind you of an upcoming interview or onboarding appointment. To opt-out of Talent Acquisition Notifications for a specific mobile number, you may text "STOP" to 89694 on your mobile phone/wireless device. You will receive a confirmation text that you have been opted out.
- If you submit a comment about us or one of our subsidiaries through our "Contact Us" form on our Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s career sites or the "Got Questions" form on the college career site, we will review and respond to your comment or question. In doing so, we may forward the information you provide to one of our subsidiaries. For example, if you submit a comment about Bloomingdale’s, we may provide that information to Bloomingdale’s so that they may review and, as appropriate, respond to it.
- If you ask to be added to the mailing list for any of our subsidiaries (e.g., you want to receive macys.com catalogs), we will provide your information to that subsidiary, and you will be added to its marketing list. In that case, please note that your information may be shared with other Macy’s, Inc. affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes.
- A cookie is a small piece of computer code sent by a website and stored on the hard disk of your computer. We use two kinds of Cookies on this Website: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. We use session cookies, for example, to manage open positions you may have searched for on our site. Persistent cookies last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized job search experience, or help you navigate our website more efficiently. Managing cookie preferences differs from browser to browse so please refer to your browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies and web beacons, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies from our website.
- This website shares data with Google Analytics to understand and optimize web performance and enhance site usability for our users. This runs in the background of our website analyzing usage information and then returning reports through an encrypted connection. In addition, Google Analytics may associate and group session visits to our website from various browsers and devices. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics on a per browser basis, please click Here to download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on Google analytics, click Here.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve interest-based advertisements. These companies compile information from various online sources (including mobile-enable browsers and applications) to match user profiles with ads we believe will be most relevant, interesting and timely based on that user profile. If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please click Here. Please note that you will be opted out of all interest-based advertising from all business members of the Network Advertising Initiative for that specific browser on that specific device. If you opt-out, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from Macy’s; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
- Note: To opt-out of interest-based advertising in mobile applications, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or reset the advertising identifier in your device settings.
We have relationships with several social network and new tech companies. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in our corporate recruitment programs through our website and other services with their profiles (such as on Facebook) and platforms (such as on Facebook and Google properties). This matching allows us to deliver relevant, interest based ads on those companies’ networks. You can manage your preferences for many of these advertising programs through the links provided below:
This website has put in place various procedural, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard the information we collect and use. We designed our technology-enabled services that permit communication through a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL is an encryption standard that provides a layer of security while information is being transmitted over the Internet.
As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors.
Be advised, no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. You should always use appropriate self-protection measures and practice safe browsing on all websites. For more information on how you can securely shop with us, please review our Security Tips by clicking Here. The National Cybersecurity Alliance also provides comprehensive information to Stay Safe Online.
Additionally, sometimes bad actors attempt to use our brand to create fake web pages, send fake texts or emails, and conduct other illegal activities to commit fraud or attempt to breach consumers’ security. We actively monitor for these illegal scams and shams. We provide FAQ’s and Consumer Protection Alerts in our Customer Protection Center (CPC) as we learn of these activities. If you receive anything with the Macy’s, Inc. brand that seems suspicious, you can check to see if there is an alert on the CPC or call our customer service department.
Information About Children Under 13
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on Web sites that collect personal information about children under 13 years old (for example - name, address, email address, social security number, etc.). Our current policy is not to collect any personal information on any person under 13 years old online.
If this policy changes, we will revise this portion of our Notice of Privacy Practices and will comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which includes providing notice and choice to each child's parent or guardian before collecting any personal information.
This Notice of Privacy Practices was updated on November 4, 2019.